The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Monday, August 27, 2012

Andante



After quite a while, I have now finished the second cardigan of my series of 3 cardigans named after the wonderful books from Felix Leclerc. Note that the collar looks like it wants to ruffle in those pictures, but it is because of my poor packaging skills: they were flat before I folded it wrong!


This cardigan, named Andante, is extremely simple and versatile. It is worked almost exclusively in stockinette stitch, from the top down with raglan sleeves and finished 2X2 ribbing on the hem, collar and cuffs. The waist is shaped by a large 2X2 ribbing band. The sleeves are tapered to obtain a sleek look that flatters the whole silhouette and makes for a very practical garment.



I used a wonderful superwash yarn to make this one: Knitpicks Swish Tonal in color 'Pacific'. I do love the softness of it and these tonal colors are simply amazing!


Andante is also very flattering, in a sporty kind of way, and I do love to cuddle in it while I go on a weekend hike!

Some more pictures?


Pattern now available. 


No comments:

Post a Comment