The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fluvial

Fluvial is the fifth design in my collection : It's so FLUFFY!. It is a most beautiful wrap, worked with 2 skeins of a luxurious yarn, Malabrigo sock.


Now, Malabrigo is one of the softess, most wonderful yarn I had the pleasure to knit with. And I don't say this because I am paid for, because I am not! I used the colorway 'Persia', a mix of earth and water tones that are so appealing to me.


This particular colorway was an instant appeal to me and reminded me instantly and the beautiful scenery around the Saint-Laurent river back home in Quebec, and all the joyous memory we have as a family on it's rocky shores.



Fluvial is a simple wrap, worked in one piece with the edging and flanked by 2 gorgeous lace and cable patterns. The ruffle edge is shaped with short rows and worked with the body up to the top were it is attached to the live stitches.


This wrap is both elegant and simple and will make a wardrobe staple that will become one of your classic in no time!

Fluvial can be purchased here on Ravelry:

Or as part of my ebook: It's so FLUFFY!

More pictures? Here we go!




No comments:

Post a Comment