So I came up with a project for this upcoming year - 2012- starting right now (to be honest, I still wait for a yarn package that's currently on the way, but I promise it won't happen again!). Why start right now? Because I fully intent to use my monstrous stash to fill up my loved one's Christmas socks with handmade goodies.
So, what are the rules of this challenge I gave myself? To design one pattern (yes, I totally intent on including free patterns, but not all will be free!) from all my stash yarn and commit not to -NOT TO- buy any more yarns until ALL my stash has been used. Soooo, let's have a look at my first box.... and try to set the designing machine on a set mode!
- 2 skeins of Aslan Trend Santa Fe (fingering weight) - Something I bought to make for my grandmother, so I'll stick with the idea
- 3 balls of Berroco Comfort Chunky - Maybe a hooded vest for my boy?
- 6 balls of Knitpicks Swish worsted- Definitely a pullover for my son
- 6 balls of Lana Grossa Lord (worsted) - Maybe a vest for me?
9 skeins of Auracania Ulmo (DK)-Updated on 11/15/2011, I have only 4 skeins left and a women's size cardigan ready to present for Knitty consideration! 5 balls of Valley Yarns Northampton (worsted) in Lake Heather- I finally made Adagio out of it, check it out! 31.5 balls of Valley Yarns Northampton (worsted) in Natural - 1.5 ball has been used to make Winter Berries, yay!
2 balls of Knitpicks Chroma worsted color Mesa- Updated on 11/15/2011, made in Asymmetry, a triangular scarf.
- 9 balls of Knitpicks Simply Cotton Sport in color Haze Heather - A swing lace cardigan
7 balls of Thaki yarns new tweed with no labels... - Updated on 11/15/2011, I used it for Dichotomy
- 4 skeins of Malabrigo Rios in color ''Sunset''
31.5skeins of Cascade Yarns Alpaca Lana D'Oro color green (1046) - I used about 1.5 skeins for the solid colored sample of Dichotomy
- 2 balls of Berroco comfort worsted color grey (9713)
6 balls of Knitpicks City Tweed HW, color ''Orca''- I made my next design, Allegro, out of it. Come check it later!
- 6 balls of Berroco Pure Merino in a grey color
Ok, I'll return to my knitting (a Knitscene submission) and I will keep you posted on my next design using this stashed yarn! What will I bring down next?
edited 10/16/2011 to add yarn to the list... but from my stash, I promess
edited 11/15/2011 to add yarn to the list... but from my stash, I promess, again