The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Oxalis

Oxalisc is the fifth shawl of my 2013 collection, 'Ode to the Spring'. The base for this shawl was the beautiful yarn I had in my stash for some time. I always loved the way cables and lace compliment each other and I knew I had the perfect yarn for this.
Oxalis lace shawl

Oxalis lace shawl


My goal for this shawl was to create a very light and feminine look, with a large border and a lot of open space. I used an extremely simple fagoting for the lace and an almost as simple cable in between the panels, for a shawl that looks way more complicated than it really is.




The points are carefully worked to be sharp and graceful.

Oxalis lace shawl - points


And maybe more pictures?




Oxalis is now available for sale individually and as part of the Ode to the Spring collection!


Individual pattern:

Collection :

No comments:

Post a Comment