The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Magnolia lace shawl

Magnolia is thelast shawl of my 2013 collection, 'Ode to the Spring'. For this last shawl in the collection, I wanted to create strong lines to emphasize the construction without straying too far from the Spring theme.


Magnolia lace shawl 
I love the soft, subtle tonal variation of the yarn and the generous yardage made for a large shawl.



The shawl is bordered on both sides, with a larger edging on the outer border and a small border on the inner border. Combined with the large rows of lace, it makes for a strong impression that I feel is very different from the other shawls from the series.

Magnolia lace shawl - close up on lace



For this shawl, I used a lovely skein of tonal yarn that was lingering in my stash for way too long! 

Knitpicks Stroll Tonal
in color "Queen Anne"
Magnolia is now available for sale individually and as part of the Ode to the Spring collection!



Individual pattern:

Collection :



No comments:

Post a Comment