The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Piccolo hat

Piccolo is a fun and cute stranded hat worked in the softest (I mean it, this yarn is heavenly!) baby alpaca yarn in a sport weight. This is my very first colorwork design, inspired from an old thrift store sweater featuring nearly unreadable small scale color pattern. I personally love to work stranded colorwork in sport weight yarns, because it works up faster and give impressive results with relatively little effort.





As my collection is called Frugal Knitting, I feel the obligation to explain to you how I obtained these yarns! The yarn from this hat is from the remnants of a set of hat and mittens I designed for Knitpicks Independent Designer Program (IDP for short), and remnants of a failed attempt at another design (yep, this happens more than I would like, and does contribute to my leftovers).


Piccolo hat -  a stranded colorwork pattern


I had 4 balls left of the Prairie Heather and 2 balls left of the Meringue Heather. This hat uses 1 ball of each color, but I do believe I did a great work out of my leftovers! I still have 3 balls of the Prairie Heather color and 1 of the Meringue Heather, but I love the yarn so much it should not be a problem to find a way to use them!


Worked in
Knitpicks Andean Treasure
in color "Prairie Heahter"
Knitpicks Andean Treasure
in color "Meringue Heather"


You can now buy the Piccolo pattern as part of the Frugal Knitting collection:



Or as an individual pattern:




No comments:

Post a Comment