The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Winter Berries hat

Winter Berries hat started with my leftovers from the Winter Berries scarf, and my wanting for another hat for this Winter season. I wanted a simple hat to coordinate with my scarf, something pretty, easy and fast to knit ( a good combination, I think!). Oh and yes, with me again modeling: gosh I hate that!

Winter Berries hat - Beanie version


My leftovers were quite small in quantity, so I whipped up a beanie sized hat, but I felt the same hat would look nice in a moderate tam. At the same time, I had enough yarn in my stash to work a second sample of the Winter Berries scarf (the first one was sadly lost) and a tam, in lovely Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in color "Afternoon".

Winter Berries hat - tam version


Now this tam is moderate both in size and in slouch, but I left instructions in the pattern to adapt the size to the knitter's liking.




I love the pinwheel at the crown, making a nice little touch of interest that I feel in complementing the pattern well.




.


The pattern is now available in my Ravelry store as well as on my website.



No comments:

Post a Comment