The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Alvin

Alvin was designed a few years ago, pretty much at the beginning of my designing experience. I designed it for my little boy, who was 10 months old at the time. At that time, almost everything I knitted was intended for him, and he was naturally the inspiration behind my first few designs.



Time passed and I ventured away from exclusively designing little boy's knitwear. One of the main reasons for this is that he decided at some point he would not wear anything hand knitted. After a few unworn items, I resolved to wait for a while.  



Now that he is happy and proud to wear hand knits again, I am happily working on many projects to dress up my little man. In this process, I wanted to also revise some of my older patterns, a project I had for a while but never actually got to work on because of more pressing matters. 



Alvin was one of the first I wanted to revise, as I always liked the simple textured stripes, the easy raglan shaping and foremost the folded collar that makes this simple cardigan tidy and refined.




I hope it will be a first in a long waive of children's designs, because I really love to knit for my little trouble maker!



No comments:

Post a Comment