The knitting adventures of a French Canadian girl in exile

Friday, May 30, 2014

Sparrow

Sparrow is a very fun and simple shawl or scarf worked in a yarn I had for a long time, just begging to be used. I missed working on a worsted weight shawl for a long time, but never seemed to find the right project to start it.

Sparrow crescent shawl

Well, this collection gave me the final push to stop procrastinating and start scratching my head!


Cascade Eco Cloud Yarn - 1808 Wild Dove
Cascade Eco Cloud
color "1808 Wild Dove"

I had these 2 skeins of Cascade Eco Cloud for a while, and they were so lovely I had a hard time deciding what to do with them. I bought these skeins to try out the yarn before working on a full garment with it, a process I learned was worth it.





It was a while since I worked a shawl in a worsted weight yarn, and I finally decided to go through with this idea. I went ahead with a crescent shape, because I like a lot and I think it's versatile and fun to wear.





I decided to use a simple texture for the central panel, to add just a bit of interest without making the shawl overly complicated. The large lacy border gives a strong visual impact and just what it takes to bring everything together in this simple design. The optional crochet border adds to the lace effect but can be replaced by a few rows of garter stitch if desired!




The overall pattern is quite simple, and makes a fun little project!

Pattern is now available as an individual download as well as a part of the "Frugal Knitting" collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment